Chapter 4 - Autumn of 2014


I had been texting A.S. for a couple of months now and we finally decided to meet up. A.S. was the kind of guy that thought he was doing a lot with his life, but in reality was a complete loser. I figured that a month into our relationship and decided that it was time for him to go. Don't get me wrong, he was adorable, but there's only so much patience in me to have a boyfriend that apparently was too busy running a "business" to text me or meet me. We met once throughout our one month relationship. Once!

Two weeks before our break up, he ditched me because of "some important work".

I called J.J. and asked him to meet me. He told me that he was going to meet a friend so he will only be able to spend an hour with me. I was okay with that so I took the first metro to the mall near my university. When I reached, he was already there waiting for me. He smiled at me as I tagged out and asked me what the matter was... I told him that A.S. and I were going to break up. He just gave me a tight hug and it was gone, all my anger, pain, stress and trouble, everything was gone. I felt happy again. Just like that.

He took me to Sephora, my favorite place on earth, literally. I tried all the makeup on my hand and swatched some on him. Being with him made me happy...

His phone rang, it was his friend asking him where to meet him. He told her to come to the mall. After hanging up, he turned to me and told me that his friend was on her way, but she's a little jumpy, so she might jump on him at sight. I didn't mind, it had been only two months since J.J. and I had first met. Since then, we had made it a point to meet each other at least once a week. Our friendship was growing stronger every day. When she came, she gave him a gentle side hug and we started towards the metro. All I could think about was that it was time to go home and be miserable again. J.J. called out, "Amirah, would you like to join us for a movie?". I didn't even take a moment to think before saying, "Yes, If you guys don't mind".

At the movies, Abby, J.J. and I sat in that very order. The movie started and everyone watched intently, except Abby. The chicken wanted J.J. to comfort her because she was scared. J.J and I weren't the kind of people that got scared easily, especially not during Ouija. The Ouija board flunk and Abby covered her eyes. I bent a little forward out of my seat to pay attention to what was going on. I was starting to feel weird that Abby asked for so much attention from J.J. On our way to the movie, Abby kept talking about a guy who was interested in her. I asked her, why not give the guy a chance? She simply said, "No interest". I found that to be a little cold. Anyway, during the movie, J.J. started shivering because of his flu.

Abby was leaning against J.J. on the other side with her head on his shoulder. He told her he was interested in the movie so he leaned forward. I figured maybe she was being clingy. I leaned back in my seat and saw J.J. move into his seat again. He put his arm around me and rested it on my shoulder. Ha. Classic. I knew what was going on...

He moved the seat handle from between us and gently moved closer to me, his hand started stroking my arm and his breathing got heavier. All I knew was, I was enjoying this. All of it. I didn't care if Abby liked him. All I knew was, there was something between J.J and me, something very strong and addictive. His arm moved lower to my waist and I turned to him to ask what was up, all he said was, "You smell good". For the next couple of minutes, I tried very hard to concentrate on the movie, but I found myself holding his other hand, his fingers locked with mine. Shit. What the fuck is going on?! I looked up at his face and he came closer, my heart started beating faster and my body was filled with warmth. He leaned in even closer and lightly brushed his lip on my cheek. I rested my head against his chest with his left arm around me and his right holding my hand. We sat there completely uninterested in the movie or Abby.

After dropping me home, he went to drop her. I was confused, all I could do was repeat that over and over in my head. What was that?

Add me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts