Chapter 2 - Ailey


In the summer of 2013, Ailey had been through a similar kind of break up. The kind that shatters you. The kind that makes you feel worthless. The kind that throws you in the deepest darkest corner of your mind.

Ailey and I had been friends since high school. She and I decided to go to the same university, disliked the same people, were born in the same hospital, had the same favorite color, had the same kind of typical Indian parents and shared the same pain of losing someone that we loved with all our heart.

If it hadn't been for A.A, she and I would have never gotten closer than we already were. A.A and Ailey had been dating for about 6 months when A.A decided that he was in fact an ass and didn't want to be with Ailey anymore.

Ailey shut herself after that. She read books after books, drowned herself into studies, spent most of her day locked inside her room and texted me every single day.

After my break up, we had become inseparable. We had gone from best friends to sisters. We would send each other pictures of new clothes that we would try in the changing room of malls, pictures of us doing makeup, we even asked each other what pictures to post.

We gained popularity as sisters and best friends at our university. If anyone saw me, they'd ask for my better half, Ailey and if anyone saw her, they'd ask for me..


Add me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram


Comments

Popular Posts